30 Jan 2012
Most of Everton Park’s students returned to school last week, and those that did may have noticed a few improvements.
During the school break some of our local schools have had either additions or improvements to current facilities, and there are further improvements on there way for some schools too.
At Everton Park State School for instance, there were renovations to two of the older classrooms and later in the year a $137,577 State Government grant will see an upgrade to the swimming pool change rooms and the installation of new hot showers.
The swimming pool upgrades are great news for the school as they will mean that the school will be able to host more events throughout the year, and students will no longer have to suffer through cold showers during winter.
Here are some other improvements that have taken place or are about to take place at our local schools:
• McDowall State School – extension to hall
• Eatons Hill State Sschool – new staff room
• Albany Creek State School – new quadrangle and outdoor learning area
• Mitchelton Special School – new classroom
• Prince of Peace – new Junior school playground, shade and seating area
• Northside Christian College – new library and multipurpose hall
• Albany Hills State School – new safety warning lights
• Albany Creek State High School – new safety warning lights and planning for new arts centre
•Mt Maria College – redevelopment of secondary campus at Mitchelton
Hopefully all of the students are enjoying all of the new improvements and it is great to see that funding is being put into improving their learning environments.
If you’re interested in learning more about schooling developments in Queensland you can head to education.qld.gov.au
or if you would like to find out more about your child’s school then you should be able to find out more by visiting the school’s website.